Thursday, January 13, 2011

Which person or which movie to write about

I have started this blog and I have a lot of movies that I want to write about, and people and music. But where do I start? I first thought I would start with Sikander – an epic of a movie from 1941. But then other ideas came to mind. Finally I have decided that I would first write about Mr. Shammi Kapoor, my favourite Hindi movie hero of all time. There are many good actors, many charismatic heroes and many stylish ones too, but there is no one, but no one like Mr. Shammmi Kapoor. And he is someone who has made a big impact on the Hindi movies but never really got the kind of acclaim that he deserved. On 31st Dec, while watching “Junglee” for Nth time my sister said with all emotion, “Thank God, he came into Hindi movies and made them so much fun!”, and I completely understand her sentiments; I too feel exactly that.
So the first person I write about would be Shammi Kapoor. Some of the other people I feel like writing about are Raj Kapoor, Nargis, Nutan, Vaijayantimala, Helen, Dharmendra, Guru Datt – apart from many musicians. I don’t know if I’ll write about each one individually or not, but these are people I find interesting.  Also I would write about many movies from this period – sort of reviews of these movies.

1 comment: